Friday 6 June 2008

The Voice - Dear Consumer's Voice

Dear Consumer’s Voice

In November last year I bought an electric gate motor from Welldone Communications. It worked for a couple of weeks but then it went wrong. The supplier replaced it but that one didn’t work either. I’ve called the supplier endless times and have emailed them repeatedly, all to no avail. To begin with they promised to come round and repair it but mostly they failed to arrive. On the occasions they did come round they always failed to get it working properly.

I wrote to them saying that I didn’t consider either the motor or the service they have delivered to be good enough and that they have caused me enormous trouble and inconvenience. All I wanted was my money back. Finally I bought another gate motor from another company just so I could have a working gate.

They have recently promised to come and collect the motor and to give me a refund on many occasions but nothing has happened.

What can I do to get my money back?

You’ve been very patient with these people but the time for patience has now long gone. We spoke to the owner of the company and he’s not at all happy that you contacted us. He claims that he’s got money issues at the moment so he’s got problems paying you.

But who cares? Sympathy isn’t something you owe him. He’s got your money, all you’ve got is a worthless gate motor. Write him an old-fashioned letter, on paper, that gives him 7 days to give you the money back. Don’t threaten him with lawyers, court action or seizure of assets. Just tell him that you can offer him a front page picture in The Voice if he doesn’t give you your money back in full.

No comments: