Sunday 11 March 2012

I get a strange offer - updated

I received an email from someone called "Luigi Gasp" (luigigasparinii@gmail.com). He made me a curious offer. See for yourself. His emails are in red, my replies are in black.
[Feb 27, 2012, at 9:19 PM]
Do you entertain complaints removals?
We have some complaints we want removed since its affecting our business.
What can you guys do? We are interested in removals from your website.
Thanks,
L
Which company do you represent?
[Mar 7, 2012, at 1:23 AM]
I represent a consulting company that have many clients. These clients have negative complaints on your website. If you can remove the complaints we will pay you per negative listing. But we need guarantee that it will not be posted ever again. Work with us and we will make you happy.
Thanks,
L
Which clients?
[07 March 2012 8:38:44 AM]
I will reveal them to you. But please can you help us out here? Will you accommodate removals? We will pay for this.
Let me know.
L
Who are these clients?
[07 March 2012 8:14:57 PM]
I am familiar with your policies and we are not comfortable in revealing information unless we feel like we can deal with you confidentially and in discreet. We do not want our information posted or our email correspondence posted on your website or any other websites. We are quite weary unless we can come to an understanding. Now tell me will you accommodate removals? I can assure you that these are legitimate clients who do not operate scam business and illegal practices.
Let me know,
L
[07 March 2012 8:20:14 PM]
Also on a side note, we are looking to build a long term relationship here that will benefit both parties. We are not willing or interested to waste your time or ours respectfully. Please get back to me on the needful.
Thanks again,
L
Given your reticence I'm sure you'll understand my assumption that your motives are less than legitimate.
[07 March 2012 9:44:59 PM]
So I assume that although we believe that these complaints are written by competitors and sometimes hired to write complaints you in no way will remove these complaints for legitimate companies?
Thanks, that's all I need to know.
[09 March 2012 7:06:49 AM]
Im confused...What does this mean?
Can you remove complaints for a fair donation towards your consumer organization / website? Will you accept that at least? I understand you guys do a good job of letting consumers know about scams but our clients are arent scam operators.
Let me know,
L.
My understanding is this. You are offering to pay me to remove posts that you allege I was paid to write that are critical of certain organizations that you refuse to name. Is that correct?
What evidence do you have that either I was paid to write anything (which I was not) or that anything I have written is incorrect?
[Mar 9, 2012, at 8:23 PM]
Hello,
I do not claim or assume you wrote these or were paid to. Quite frankly It doesn't bother me. What does interest me is your ability to remove these complaints. I tell you the complaints we want removed and you remove them, and we then make Donation. It probably wouldnt be a one time donation either but can be established as a long term partner. We will deal discreetly like we want you to as well but please confirm here that you can do this for us.
There is nothing wrong with removing complaints it's not extortion either. We are hoping that you cooperate with us so it can benefiting for both parties involved.
Thanks,
L
So which comments do you want removed?
And now we begin to understand. Or is this all part of some other scam?
[Mar 10, 2012, at 8:28 AM]
Lets start with this client of ours:
http://consumerwatchdogbw.blogspot.com/2011/04/universal-degrees-and-corllins.html
Please let me know,
L
So just out of curiosity, and understanding that I'm not planning on removing anything, here goes...
How much would you offer me to remove this comment?
[11 March 2012 7:02:00 AM]
Well you let me know how much you are looking for in USD amount and will get back to you.
Remember this is the not the only one.
Thanks,
L
Given the circumstances I think it's up to you to name the amount.
And finally, here comes the answer, the amount he SAYS he'll bribe me with to remove a blog post.

[11 March 2012 6:57:11 PM]
For any given removal we will be interested in paying $300 to $500.00USD.
Let me know,
L
Actually I'm flattered. Is that what each blog post is worth? I could be rich! With 715 blog posts at $500 each I could get $357,500!

Anyway, it's all pointless. Either "Luigi" is trying to entrap me into accepting a bribe (and he'll no doubt make it public if I hint I'll accept it), he's just trying to waste my time or he actually means it. Either way, it's going no further. Unless it becomes even more entertaining!

The blog posts, all of them, stay exactly where they are.

No comments: